"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

brrr cold, ridiculously high and super low

Happy February peoples! 

Here in Utah we're starting this month out with some seriously-brrrr-cold weather. As a result I'm all wrapped up in my blanket hoping I don't find a reason to have to venture out walking anywhere.
My blood pressure at the doctors office yesterday was ridiculously high. Like 168/119 or something like that. lol So hopefully when we fill my prescription on Friday and I have meds again I'll start feeling better in some small way. Maybe some of the headaches will go or maybe I'll be able to sleep or something. We shall see. :p
I was a little surprised - my heart rate was really low. Like, the machine double checked that I was still there or something kind of low. Apparently that's normal for someone who gets the amount of exercise I do. They said it makes you more efficient. Yay! Bring on the 5K in April! I'm still not registered for that. I hope I can be soon. :p Kirsten had said she wanted to run it with me, but has wavered ever since and I haven't been able to get Lauren to say she'll do it, so it might be a loner one. I need this though, so I say bring it - no matter what.

So yeah, that's all I've got. :p I'm cold, a little hungry and should really be working on proofing for Kori instead of typing this. :p

Have a great day!
/squishes!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Yeah my doc told me something similiar about my heart. He said you could tell the hearts that have had excersize and/or training. It sounds different. What's funny is that they calibrate those machines so that what should be normal healthy heart beat, is considered too "low" lol.

p.s. got mah turtle ;)