"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bursting.

I won't even try to put into words how proud I am of my little girl tonight. Bursting at the seams and wanting to share even though there's no time to edit. (Please excuse the stage/flourescent lighting.) In any light Kirsten would have shone.

She danced...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was in tears by the end of this dance. The good kind. I hope Kirsten will continue dancing throughout her life. If only as a hobby. She's meant to. She's just so talented & graceful. Other people's parents felt the need to tell her so.
In case you couldn't tell which ballerina belongs to me...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh, and she sewed her own costume in sewing class. Cool, huh?

She sang and she acted...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Her choir teacher gave her a hard solo and told her she could do it. She sure did. See that block in front of Kirsten? She stood on it & sang her little heart out. Her teacher was beaming almost as much as we were afterwards. Another something she should continue. A wonderful performance.
Kori (Vern's sister - top picture) performed her song beautifully, and Kenyon's girfriend Lottiana was amazing. (Top & second last of these pics.) I was proud of them too. All of the kids did so well - and the college auditorium they rented was full of friends, family & schoolmates. What an achievement. What a wonderful celebration of the birth of Christ. I wish I could share more pictures, but this post is monstrous as-is.
Kirsten said the hardest part was all of the costume changes. She was in several scenes of the play between songs. She was soooo tired by the end of the night.

Back home I recieved an encore performance from a little girl who didn't want to take the stage makeup off just yet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just a little while longer mom.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sweet dreams baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautuful! Kirsten, we are proud of you, too!!! We know you did a fantastic job!!

Erica said...

April- She is the most beautiful dancer I have ever seen! And wow that shade of blue looks amazing on her. I think I want to send my kids to a school where they sew their own costumes. How great is that?!

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

She is very beautiful, April! You should be proud!

Kristi said...

April, I have said it a million times, but Kirsten is just gorgeous! She is the picture of beauty and grace in those pictures. How awesome too that she sewed her own costume!