"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fives

Five things I love about Winter...
1. Fresh-fallen snow
2. Soft sweaters
3. Playing in the white stuff (tobogganing, building snowmen, cross country skiing...)
4. Hot chocolate
5. Baking

Five things I love about December...

1. Christmas
2. Watching my children perform in the school Christmas performance. This year kirsten is dancing (the ballet performance is to Mary did you Know - I'll be needing tissues.) She also has a solo in the choir and two parts in the play. My little performer is way excited.
3. Eating out (I love this all year round, but especially in December)
4. People are generally happier.
5. Singing Christmas carols.
Five things I love about Christmas...
1. Lights. Pretty Christmas lights. Especially on my tree. At night. Alone. While listening to the Forgotton Carols.
Bliss.
2. Christmas carols. My favorite music. Really.
3. Treats ( Like gingerbread, divinity & popcorn balls. Mmmmmm...)
4. My children's smiles on Christmas morning.
5. Being around people I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lists of 5's made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture in your banner! Zoe even said, "Look at that beautiful angel, mom!"