"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Quiet Day & Christmas Spirit.

Tonight is the Christmas program at the school. Kirsten is nervous, but she'll do wonderfully. I know it. Besides, I've seen her practice her dance & have had her sing her solo to me countless times. She's beautiful. She'll shine. I'll take pictures. No promises of perfection under the icky flourescent lighting, but if you know me you know there will be pictures. Lots & lots of pictures.

It's been a quiet day at home. Elijah is still trying to get better. Little Vern has been watching Back to the Future & I've been doing laundry. Exciting, huh? I don't have any shots of LV engrossed in his movie, but here's Elijah just being him.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And I'll share what I've been humming as I work. It's a very pretty Christmas song. :)

Samuel Tells of Baby Jesus

Said Samuel, "Within five years a night will be as day
and baby Jesus will be born in a land far far away."

Hosanna! Hosanna! Oh let us gladly sing.
How blessed that our Lord was born;
Let earth recieve her King.

Across the sea, in Bethlehem
Lord Jesus came to earth
As Samuel had prophesied,
And angels sang his birth.

Hosanna! Hosanna! Oh let us gladly sing.
How blessed that our Lord was born;
Let earth recieve her King.

1 comment:

April said...

Hmmmmm... The "my big sister" link on my sidebar takes me to your blog. When I click on your profile & try to go to it that way it doesn't work. And the Link says Chris & Tylers mom instead of my little space. Something is wonky.