"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Ho Ho Ho or Something.

Santa managed to make it here. What took me until 3 am to wrap was unwrapped in a matter of minutes. We smiled. We sang. We had a merry Christmas.

I haven't downloaded any pictures yet, but can't wait to. We have had a wonderful day. You should see LV in his Darth Vader get-up. Priceless. Lots of things contributed to the day, making it memorable. Here's a list of just a few of the highlights of my Christmas Day...

Church. How awesome to have Christmas fall on Sunday. We went to Vern's parents church to see Kori sing in the choir. They sang a version of the First Noel that used Pachelbel's Canon as the music. Two of my favorites wrapped up in one. Beautiful.

Gifts & kiddos. LV was beside himself with Joy. We managed to surprise Brandon. He was happy. Kirsten reacted so well to her more grown-up gifts this year. She got no toys, but was happy. Whew. Vern was good to me. He really listened. A nice thing.

Family. I spoke with my dad, thought about my sister & nephews, hoped my mom was having a good day and enjoyed some time with my in-laws. I married into a wonderful family. Today was one of those days I truly appreciated that fact.

Food. Breakfast out as a family yesterday. Mmmm... Today we had turkey. And mashed potatoes. And popcorn balls. 'Nuff said.

I had a great nap with Elijah after dinner. Perfection.

It was a truly wonderful Christmas.

If anyone else finds this, I hope yours was too.

2 comments:

April said...

Very cool that you got to see mom Robin. We thought of you guys too. Christmas is crazy with kiddos & dinner & such - no problemo that you didn't call. Glad you guys had a good one. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day! :o)