"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Questions

Yay! I was tagged by Kristi to answer these fun Christmas questions on my blog.

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hot chocolate!

Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Everything gets wrapped unless it's a pain (like a ball or a bike.)

Colored or white lights on the tree/house? White for the last few years. Kirsten keeps asking me to bring some color back. I prefer white on the tree & solid colors if we were to do color somewhere else. We shall see.

Do you hang mistletoe? No.

When do you decorate? By the first week of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmmmm... I love a good cheese ball at Christmas. I love gingerbread too. With my hot chocolate. :)

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Another hmmmmmm... I have lots of great memories of yummy food & fun. I loved being the first to wake up & I'd turn on the Christmas lights and enjoy the quiet. I still do. I used to go with my mom to pick out a tree by Dominion & the two of us would haul it home. I usually got to decorate it (I don't think anyone else was all that interested.)

How and when did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly have no clue. Must not have had much impact on me.

Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes. Just one each. Same as when I was growing up.

What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve? lol Do you know my husband? This is not exactly a priority. I'm glad to have decorations up. ;)

Snow! Love it or hate it? Love it. Love to play in it. Love how pretty it is before people step all over it & ruin it.

Can you ice skate? Absolutely. I am Canadian. We froze our yard one year (remember Robin?) and they used to make rinks at the local elementary schools. Plus there were several nice rinks close by if you weren't into lumpy bumpy stuff like that.

Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child? Um, I loved getting clothes. I remember how happy I was to get a flourescent sweatshirt as a pre-teen. The year we each got a Simon game was cool too.

What's your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas isn't Christmas without a box of turtles. That's my must-have Christmas sugar.

What's your favorite holiday tradition? I loved walking with my mom & looking at lights late at night. Now it's a late night drive with Vern, but it's just as special

What type of tree? A nice artificial one. 14 years old. I'm ready to get a pre-lit one. Hopefully next year.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. Not that I don't like recieving too, but nothing is cooler than my kiddos' excitement Christmas morning. I stress too much about other people liking their gifts though.

What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Just one? I love Christmas carols. I've typed out complete lyrics to two on my blog so far this year. lol Um, how about I go traditional & get to list two? Today they'd be O Holy Night & The First Noel.

Candy Canes, YUCK or YUM? Eh. Not my first choice but not yuck either. Somewhere in the middle. I mean, it is candy after all.

I hope that Carin hasn't already been tagged with this, since that's who I'll pick on. There's no guarantee that she reads this, but it's worth a try.

No comments: