"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, January 16, 2006

My other world

...looks something like this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pretty little glimpse, huh? I could share a million screenshots, but you get the idea.

When I'm not playing with my kids (or any other sahm type activity) working on photos or taking care of whatever responsibilties come my way, I'm probably playing WoW. (World of Warcraft.) It's been other online games at different times, but mostly this one.

Me? A video game? Yep. A mmorpg to be exact.
So much fun. With the right people.

When Vern bought himself this game over a year ago I hated it at first. The fact that he'd be teamed up with other players online & couldn't just stop playing when I needed him for something bugged me. And he played it every chance he got. I didn't like it one bit.

That changed.

I wasn't there when he met Kyle & Julie in-game, but when the 3 of them started playing together it became fun to watch. While running around questing they had some good fun. The banter between them made me want to play. I am so not a gamer, never had been - but they made me want to try. I'm so glad that I did. Who knew how much fun it would be? I mean, come on - we get to kill bad guys and loot 'em for treasure (twill vest ftw! lol)
We play well together. We've faced difficult challenges & have accomplished some cool things. (We've 4 manned just about every 5 man instance.) And have I mentioned that we have fun? :)

After more than a year of us playing together almost every day we've become good friends. I look forward to logging into whatever game we're playing (like I said, there have been others - the following is my favorite shot of us, and is actually a Guild Wars screenshot) and talking to them over teamspeak.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I've never met them in person. I have no idea what they look like. We've played so many characters together that my brain no longer tries to tell me that they look like their toons. I can say that they are awesome people who make me laugh on a regular basis.

I've met many of my friends online (hello squirrels!) and talk to most of them in some form almost daily. I love that Vern & I share our experiences & friendship with Julie & Kyle though. It's *us* time for Vern & I too. The third and fourth shots up there are of the two of us (well, of our characters) playing together. I so like having another thing in common with him. (Kids, photography & mmorpgs. Woohoo! We're finding things.)

Anyhow, I thought I'd share a glimpse.
Fun game. Great friends. Something I share with Vern.
My other world.
Love it.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Well, April all I can say is WoW! :)

I love the time we play with you guys too. I appreciated that you all put up the Kyle rants, and make him get out of that funk.

So here is my blog. Check out September because you are right, you havent seen us and well .... :)

I read your blog when I get the chance only fair you should get to read mine. ;)

See ya in game...Druids and Priests FTW! hehe

Julie said...

LoL, guess I should have linked my blog....


jkthompson.blogspot.com

duh

April said...

Julie!!!!!!! It's Julie! :D

Goodness girl, you've had a blog since June and didn't tell me?! So silly. So glad I get to see pics of your sweet family. :D Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

I read your entire blog 3 times and cried. And smiled. And am so damn happy to see you guys. :D

Julie said...

You make me smile April :)

sorry, didn't mean to keep it a secret but it just didn't really come up...and you did see the little shy thing right? It's true, though you wouldn't know it from WoW. Guess that's why I like it, I can be unshy. :)

Talk to you tonight :)