"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dog Paddlin'

An apology for a sweet friend. :)

I’ve always been the type of person who gets quiet when dealing with difficulties in my life. (Retreat mode – I’ve done it my whole life. My own family didn’t see me for a year when I was struggling through the worst of stuff before I left Toronto. Most of them don’t have a clue about what I went through during that time. They just didn’t see me. Why drag ‘em down too, you know? I love them too much to do that.)
Anyhow - A friend noticed I’ve been quiet lately and e-mailed me. Thank you for the concern. :) It means so much. You’re right – I haven’t been myself of late. Sorry for my tendency to withdraw when things get tough. It’s just how I deal. And no, nothing big is going on, just life as usual. The weight I carry can feel pretty heavy at times and I get overwhelmed & frustrated like anyone else. Mostly though, we’re doing just fine. I’m just really tired and not dealing with things as well as I could be I guess.

Really, I’m doing okay - just struggling a little harder than usual to keep my head above the water.

And don’t worry about me when I retreat to my little cave – it’s not like I’m alone in there. It’s where my prayers are heard and I feel safe & loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs April. I love ya!