"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A year ago today

A year ago today I was exhausted and extremely happy to see Elijah's sweet face for the first time.
Just over 9 pounds, when they laid him on my chest he lifted his head and looked up at me. I cried.
The nurse exlaimed that he was beautiful, with long fingers and toes & no bum to speak of. (He had no fat on that little body at first - something we've been able to fix over the last year. lol)
The pictures I posted last night before bed were to help celebrate today, the 16th.
Today is Elijah's first birthday.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The plans for today? Just to enjoy the day & shower my babe with attention.

Oh, and take some pictures.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sweet boy!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Look at those eyes and that beautiful photo!! 9 pounds? you go girl. (Bobby was 9 and Austin was 10 - yikes)

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?! It's been a year? I remember getting that call from Vern a year ago...wow...time flies! Happy Birthday, Elijah!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet pea! Can't believe he's already a year old!! Man...time flies!

Christy said...

Awww! He's such a doll!