"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, March 06, 2006

A train-filled day.

I finally uploaded some of the pictures I took on Saturday. We took the kids to the train expo at Ogden's Union Station. It was a fun family outing.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Little Vern, who is our little train lover, had a hard time with the model train displays. The whole look but don't touch thing was not his idea of fun.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Upstairs was a huge lego train set-up. It was cool, I must say. The lighting was such that I didn't get any really great shots of it though. It was right against a big window and was really crowded.
Image hosting by Photobucket
He was distracted by this little corner...
Image hosting by Photobucket
...and didn't understand why he couldn't play with them either. After all mom, they aren't trains. *sigh*
His attitude improved and the kids ended up really enjoying themselves when we went outside. They got to climb on a lot of cool train cars. I took a lot of pictures.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket


In true April fashion, I probably took enough pictures that day to make a mini album. lol

We stopped by to visit Jill & Josh while we were up that way & got to see their cute new house. By the time we made it home our three youngest kiddos were fast asleep. Ahhhhhh... perfection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cole would love this! How long does the expo go for?
Your pictures are gorgeous as always!

Carin said...

April you come to Ogden and don't say hi I am hurt. Just kidding :) I am glad you had a good time I wish I had known you were here you could have come by for cake after Austins bapitzim.

April said...

Sorry Carin, it was a Saturday morning decision to go. It would have been fun to come see you guys. I'll try to bring my brain next time.

Nicole, I'm not sure how long it goes for, I'll have to look it up. :)

Kristi said...

April- sounds like such a fun time! I know my kids wouldn't have understood why they couldn't play with the little things either. Toys are supposed to be played with, not looked at!