"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brrrrrr...

I wasn't expecting it to be so cold today. The sun's shining, the sky is a pretty blue & the wind is so crazy & cold. :p My kiddos & I donned our hoodies & headed bravely to the park, but once their little noses started turning red & getting runny we headed home.
I'm 30 weeks today! I have my appointment tomorrow morning & will finally hear the verdict on all of those blood tests. With the appointments being 2 weeks apart now & getting used to the thought of being in the third trimester I've been getting so excited to get things ready for little Maiah's arrival. Can't wait to hold her! I'm planning one last little outing with some friends to celebrate too. Have to have some fun before I'm at the very end & miserable and before she gets here and I become all absorbed in her sweet little babyness. :)
My kiddos & I have been on a fruit kick. We went through a big bag of apples in just a few days & I got a pomegranate the other day & have been craving 'em ever since. The fall weather has me thinking I need to make some apple crisp or something, but the only "baking" I've done of late was making some no-bake cookies with my kiddos last night. Chocolate, peanut butter & oats -can't go wrong there. Mmmm... They're all gone and nobody felt like they got enough. :p Just need to get some more cocoa powder & we'll be able to make some more. (Oh and I need AmyB's version of the recipe back. :p I winged it last night with amounts of ingredients & got lucky - it worked but loved having her version on hand since they were always perfect.)
Well, my house will smell nice regardless. I'm making Vern his roast. I still say a pomegranate sounds good. And maybe some taco bell bean burrito goodness. Oh wait, no - taco time has had commercials for their new navajo tacos. Now those look yummy. Sounds good to me. :p
I should finish folding the laundry & get back into PS. I'm almost done. Yay! :)
Happy Tuesday blog readers!

2 comments:

laurie_lu said...

Remember those no bakes that I made YEARS ago at your house in west valley? lol I even had a recipe! Love you!!

April said...

lol Yeah they never did set...
I think you used hot chocolate mix instead of cocoa powder and um... yeah. :p