"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, October 25, 2008

love, sniffles & kisses

So when I walked in the door last night, making it home a bunch earlier than my family expected, I was greeted by Elijah who ran up & hugged me yelling "you're home?!" When I told him I missed him he said he missed me first. Awwww... He didn't let go of me for awhile. Feels so good to be loved. :)
~Of course, it took awhile for everyone else to even notice I was there. lol They did ask if I had fun, which of course I did. It sounds like they did too. Two trips to Mcdonalds - one with their Aunt Kori on Friday (thanks for checking on them Kori!) & one with Vern yesterday. Elijah's cold is full-blown at this point. Poor baby. His little head is full of snot & he hasn't been sleeping well. Judging by the number of kisses he smothered me with I may end up in the same boat. :p It's okay - he's so worth it. :)
Kirsten & I went for a walk last night to get donuts for everyone & a pomegranate for ourselves. I love being outside while the sun sets, so I was being all sneaky when I planned our little outing. It was a pretty one. :) Oh, and the donuts were yummy too. I had a lemon filled one for dinner. Made up for that by sharing the pomegranate with K for breakfast this morning. :p Yum.
~Well, I hope you blog readers are having an awesome weekend. I would have loved to extend my little break from mommyhood & such, but it was so much fun while it lasted & I'm happy to be taking my turn with my sick little babe. Silly little boy wants more donuts. :p
Sorry for the lack of pics again. Will have to remedy that soon.

Smile! :)

No comments: