"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, November 24, 2008

a Monday kind of entry

Ah it's been days again. My poor neglected blog. :p
Was a long sort of a weekend. Been tired, sore & taking care of sick kiddos. Again. Little Vern is home sick from school today, and Elijah & I are both sniffly. They're watching movies & I'm wading through laundry. Fun huh? Just taking it easy, trying to feel better. Gogo cold & flu season with school-aged kiddos. :p I just hope everyone's feeling better in time for Thanksgiving. :)

It's a good thing that my boys are easy to please & just hanging out too. I'm so very out-of-it. My thoughts are in California with someone who means the world to me. Still thinking about Jason - sending more hugs'nstuff, prayers & whatever else I can come up with his way. It's not really my place to talk about it here (not that I know a whole lot) but I found out that he's in the hospital and it's serious. :( Just had to mention that my heart & my thoughts are with him & his family. More than I know how to say.

Well, the original plan was to give a list of things I'm thankful for this holiday week, and even in my current state of out-of-it-ness I can think of lots of things I'm thankful for.
~for my cute kiddos, the littlest of whom are still all snuggled up watching movies.
~for my heating pad that makes sitting here bearable.
~for the leftover stuffed crust pizza that I'm about to call lunch.
~for my friends. I'm so lucky to have the friends I do.
~for my blanket. It's cold down here today. brrrr...
Five good things. :)

Have to go switch the laundry & check how Vern's day is going. He's been having back problems & was headed to the chiropractor today. It'd be good if one of the 2 of us were able to move & such, and my pains aren't going anywhere just yet. 5 more weeks til Maiah's here. Oh my!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Carin said...

5 weeks holy cats! I know you don't feel like it but it has flown by. HUGS sweetie.