"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, November 01, 2008

November is...

...a time for thanksgiving, remembrance & love.

At least to me it is. It's all about spending time with the people I care about and showing them just how much they mean to me. It's about being thankful for all that we have, and this year for me it's also a time for remembrance.

Last November was filled with an amazing mixture of emotions with Vern Sr. passing away mid-month. I still miss him, yet I still feel the amazing calm & the tremendous love that prevailed then, and lingers even now when I think about him. What a fitting month for a man like him to leave this world. It's hard to believe it's been a year, but here I am on November first, thinking about all that I have to be grateful for, and being so fully aware of the anniversary that looms between now & thanksgiving with an odd sense of peace, gratitude & happiness.I'm hoping that those who read this blog of mine feel the same warmth & love that I do at this time of year. There's so much beauty to be enjoyed, so many blessings to be thankful for and as always, so many reasons to smile. I hope this little entry finds all of you doing just that. :)

Happy November!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a touching post, April! You look beautiful!