"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, December 28, 2008

days

Sorry it's been days again. Time for another little round of catch-up. :)

The kiddos had a blast Christmas morning. They each only asked for a few things, and consequentially got everything they wanted and then some. It was an early morning (they were all up & ready to go by 6 am) followed by a busy day. (We spent most of the rest of the day at Nina's with Vern's family.)
The amount of snow that we've seen this past week has been insane. To say we had a white Christmas would be an understatement. lol
Yesterday was a little crazy. The battery died on the navigator last night while we were out shopping. We were stranded in front of game stop until grandpa Kent & grandma Nadine came to the rescue. Hooray for help on a very cold night! Brrr... Then right when we got home our power went out for awhile. Crazy huh? Yeah, and all of our candles were scented and we had a bunch going. Vanilla, lavender, I forget what else... we ended up hanging out in a very perfumed room. :p
Then I didn't sleep last night. I spent 7 hours (from 3 am until 10 am) timing contractions and thinking/hoping it was time. Then they slowed and yeah, I'm still here. I was really hoping. :( Tuesday is my due date & my next appointment. I'm running out of time and just plain sad that Maiah's not here yet. Still hoping to somehow avoid a c-section & to get her here this year. ;)
So yeah, I'm kinda down, being that I'm still here & pregnant and all. I have the worst headache. Vern's been distracting himself with WoW & stuff all day & I've been just hanging out cuddling with Ej, reading and trying very hard not to cry. Oh and showering - hot water is my friend. :p Owie. lol

And since I've been kinda absent I have stuff I wanna say to a bunch of people...

Thanks for the rescue Grandpa & Grandma!
So happy you're blogging Viv!
Miss you Jason! /squish
Hang in there Jill!
Thanks for the support Wendy!
I promise we'll call you when there's news Robin!
Hope there's been raiding, heroics & fun going on Omega Co! Miss you guys.
Thanks for hangin' in there blog readers! Hopefully there'll be pics & fun things to share soon. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sis, you are in my thoughts and prayers. My fingers are crossed that Maiah is in your arms soon. I am thrilled that the kids had a great Christmas. Please give them lots of hugs and kisses from us. Please take care of yourself and know that we are thinking about you. Love you bunches and bunches and bunches!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Vivian Burgon said...

Hi April. Ditto for me on Robin's comments. I know you can't wait for your beautiful baby to girl to be there. I was sure Sophia was going to be early because it was the 4th. They induced me 2 days past my due date. Maiah will be here soon. I love you and I'm thinking of you every day. When you get a chance, can you email me your address and phone nuomber? Please send to viviansdesserts@hotmail.com. Thanks for visiting the blog. It means so much to me. Have a great day with your family

Heather said...

I've been checking everyday! Hope you are doing okay, and I'm thinking about you! I hope she comes this year, too! I'm excited to hear about it when it happens!