"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hodgepodge for Thursday

It's time to work on getting Maiah here. My doctor reminded me yesterday that with the whole vbac thing I'm not allowed to go past my date. Well, I can go over – it just means a scheduled c-section. :( At yesterday's appointment though she was at a -3 station (at least she's in position :p) and I'm dilated to a 1. Slowly but surely? I know and am not afraid to use all of the tricks in the book to move things along. I just know my body & realize I have to start encouraging things now if I'm going to be holding her by the 30th. Gogo walks and other stuff... :)
Oh, and I've been so stressed and consumed with other things that I've had several friends ask if I'm excited about Maiah. “You are excited, right...?” Yes, I am. Holding her is a happy thought. :) I think it's been fairly obvious for the past weeks though that I'm not doing a fantabulous job of focusing on the happy stuff with everything going on, so my attitude probably comes across wonky. I'm not always as strong as I pretend to be, and I've been an emotional wreck. Apologies for not being my, um, chipper self. Still trying to get back to that place. :)
Oh, I got Arinne to level 80 in the wee hours of the night. Nobody else in the guild was on when I finally did it, but I did take a random screenshot of her yesterday in her slowly acquired Northrend blues. (It's so sad to be replacing all of her hard-earned epics. :p) Not sure why I liked this fish tank-ish place, but I did. :) lol
Alrighty, I just tried to find some recent pics I could share & am being reminded that I totally need to play with my camera more.
Kirsten did take some shots at our family gathering the weekend before Thanksgiving. She got one of Vern (with laptop going as always... lol) and one of Brandon & I.
Indoor lighting like that is tricky. She did well. I'll have her shooting like a pro by the time she's in high school. ;)

Meanwhile, with a baby update, a WoW update & some random family pics I think we'll call that a blog entry. Time to go find some pain meds & lunch.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, you just need to take care of yourself. I know that once Maiah arrives, you will feel much better. I love the picture of you a B, I would love a copy... I will try to send you some pictures of the kids tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and the family. Love you bunches and bunches and bunches!!! xoxoxoxo

Carin said...

I am sorry you are feeling yucky! I can't wait for pictures! I know you will feel better as soon as she is here.