"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a little randomness & maybe baby

~I've been craving Jamaican patties out of nowhere. I do so wish that they existed in Utah. Sadness. With maybe a vachon flakie to follow. Mmmmm... I so need a trip to Toronto. :p
~Omega Co. went to Obsidian Sanctum last night & got it done. Go guys go! I wish I could have been there, but am so happy they're raiding & getting folks some gear. Brandon didn't get to go on their raid, but did get to pug the vault again & got him some gloves. Yay B! I just hope we don't lose him again with his general lack of guild action. That'd be so sad. I really can't wait for my life to settle back into some normalcy so I can join in on the fun. I miss my WoW time, and more importantly - my WoW friends. :(
~I think Vern is nesting. lol He's been on a fix-it kick this week around the house. All kinds of little things that have needed to be done forever have suddenly been done. Go Vern! :) I'm sure he's just needing a distraction.
~I've been watching movies a little more than usual with the owie downtime of late. Hancock & Knight's Tale back to back is yum factor x2. I love me some Will & some Heath.
~Brandon is so awesome. He wrapped most of the Christmas gifts today. I just have to wrap his and we're done. ...and with a little more than a week to spare?! Yeah, that's just crazy. I'm usually up on Christmas Eve wrapping all by myself. Thanks B! :)
~Thanks to Nina too. :) She's been so awesome with making sure we have everything for Maiah. She has some good grandma insincts, and brought over some of what we still needed. (Plus the prettiest little Christmas-y dress. Yay!) Between her and Ben & Wendy we have enough little pink things that Maiah will be warm & comfy. :)
~Our neighbors have all started the Christmas treat sharing thing they do every year. We've had some yummy fudge, candy and cookies brought to our door so far. I don't know how all those ladies do it, but my kiddos sure do love that they think of us when it comes to sharing. :)
~My appointment went well this morning. Dr. Larsen did an awesome job of stripping the membranes, kicking things up a notch from where they've been. 60% & -1 (otherwise the same) is the number update, but if these pains get a little meatier overnight and don't subside we're looking at a maybe baby kind of night/morning. We shall see. :)

3 comments:

Vivian Burgon said...

Hi April! It's me again - Vivian. I know, I know. It's been too long. I need to air freight some patties to you the next time I'm in T.O. Congrats by the way! I love the name Maiah. I'm in Hong Kong right now visiting my family with Wil and our four kids! So...I finally started a blog today and thought of going to yours for inspiration since I've alway thought yours is the best. You look beautiful as does your entire family. And Brandon....Omigosh! He's soooo grown-up and handsome. Take care. I'll try to be a stranger for too long. I'll let you know when my blog is up and running. Love you and Vern always. Viv

Freer Family said...

Just checking in and waiting for baby news...

April said...

A good place to check Nicole! Will spread the word asap when stuff happens. Still here for the moment though. :)

Vivian?! Hugs!!! We were all so excited to hear from you. It's been way too long. Four kiddos? Yeah, I was behind. I'm so excited for you to have a blog so I can keep in touch with you guys better. These things are awesome like that. :) Hope you're having fun in Hong Kong. Hug Wil for me and please don't be a stranger. Love you guys!! :)