"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, December 11, 2008

a pink kind of post :p

It's been a crazy couple of days. Been making sure things are ready for Maiah, had my weekly appointment (and subsequent upswing in contractions and owieness) and trying (largely unsuccessfully) to spend at least a little time doing things I love (like playing wow with friends.) I got a little of that in yesterday, but not yet today. I miss 'em.

For those who speak baby (or at least know a little about labor & delivery) at yesterday's appointment I was 50% effaced, dilated to a 2, and she's at -2 station. (Yeah, she's only moved down a bit, but still.) For those who don't speak baby stuff - things are coming along nicely & I'll meet this baby girl sometime soon. :p My doctor swept my membranes yesterday, so that's why the upswing in bh contractions and such. Just made for an uncomfy day. I do love being at the point where my doctor says "see you next week if not sooner" as I walk out of there. :DToday has been a day of cleaning and laundry, trying to keep myself moving & even taking a few pics of the baby stuff to share. ;) I so love the warm & snuggly sweater-type thing that Vern picked out for her. It's soooo soft. She can't come home without wearing something Pooh-related either, and the hat makes me smile. Her bed is ready, her drawers have some little pink clothes in 'em, we have newborn diapers & I even have a bag mostly packed for the hospital.There are a few more things I'd like to get done, but could go into labor and at least be fine with where things are at. The whole no-phone thing freaks me out a little, but at the very least I have nice neighbors & grandmas who live close if Vern is stuck in traffic or whatever.Of course, with all that said - I'm not thinking she'll be here today or tomorrow, and am not anxious or impatient at all. Just happy to be close & ready to hold her whenever she decides to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you April. Before you know it, you will have a beautiful little girl in your arms. I can't wait to see her pictures!! You are in my thoughts and prayers sis. btw, I love the red bag in your picture!! LOL Keep me informed with your progress!! Love you bunches and bunches!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Freer Family said...

Ooooh, so close! Those little pink things are just beyond cute! I had that pooh bear hat for cole and carson in blue. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to hear she's here.

laurie_lu said...

Keep me posted! I want to come down for a few days when she is born. I was thinking of staying with your kids.... :) Let me know what you think. I have a job now cleaning house, but its very flexable, so let me know! :) Love you!!!