"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, December 21, 2008

a Sunday update

So Wednesday was a maybe baby kind of day. Dr. Larsen got the contractions going so well, and they kept up through the night. But then they stopped. Then Friday night they kicked up even better and we were almost to the point of having a foot out the door ...then those stopped too. I was up all Friday night timing 'em and totally convinced I'd be holding her by now. I'm not. And I'm tired. And emotionally ...yeah. I so wanted to avoid finding myself in this place. Apologies to all of those folks who were excited along with us. I think I'm just gonna focus on Christmas and my kiddos who're here, and try not to think about how I'm 9 days from my due date and that close to having to schedule a c-section.
We've already tried everything we could find to help things along and I have my last appointment on Tuesday, so it's crunch time. I'm sure he'll try to help me get labor going one last time. He did joke about Christmas babies - maybe he was onto something with that. :p It was the one thing (outside of the c-section of course) that I didn't want. Been hoping for Christmas with all of my kiddos. :p Well anyway, that's the been a bunch of days since I posted kind of update. I'll have a new entry up with the annual Christmas Eve post unless there's real baby news.
Meanwhile, thank you Lauren for your help & support this weekend. Would have been cool if things had happened like we thought. :) And thank you Richard & Jason for being so awesome about sending /love this way. /extrasquishyhugs to both of you! Apologies in general for my tendancy to get quiet & disappear. I'm really not so much fun to be around right now anyhow. I'll re-appear when I feel I'm worth being around. No more false alarms though, that I can promise. :)
Merry Christmas blog readers!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awww, false alarms aren't any fun! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!