"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, March 12, 2011

another random one

Sorry I've been in a random "this is what I did today/is going on with the family/I'm thinking about" mode around here. I've lost my mojo ...among many other things. :p It's what I've got though, along with Vern's laptop, my pillow & some cold air coming in my window, so I'm going with it. So there! Here goes...
I really wanted to play WoW tonight, but when we got home from shopping my keys were missing from Vern's desk. Sound familar? lol Yeah, sucks when it happens. :(  The kiddos were asleep when I went looking for them, so I'm hoping they'll be lucky little monkeys and be able to help find them quickly in the morning. Or, even better - maybe I can ask Maiah where she put them & she'll remember. :p
Vern scheduled his shoulder surgery for Thursday. They say it's an outpatient type of thing, but he'll need 6  weeks recovery time.  People who have had the same thing done say DO NOT take the sling off early. I wonder how he'll adjust to left-handed everything with his right shoulder/arm/whatever in a sling for that long. He was home sick today, trying to overcome the flu. I don't think he's told his boss yet. :p
Brandon's really coming home some time tomorrow night. For reals. I'm almost positive this time. I think. :p
Elijah will be too. He went to Blanding with Nina overnight. Long drive. He was so excited!
I spent a couple of hours at the gym tonight - got an awesome workout in. 4.5 miles on the treadmill, a killer leg session & the freeweight area all to myself. Muahaha. I love Friday nights at the gym!
Of course, it's Friday, Vern's sick  & I was headed to the gym so Pizza Hut made us dinner... Yeah, I'm not sure how much the workout counts for after a couple slices of stuffed-crust veggie lovers. :p It was so good though. And I was hungry!
I'm still just so sad to have no access to my computer/photoshop. There are a bazillion things I could/should be doing but yeah.  Instead I'm blogging in the dark. :(
Vernie's birthday is on Sunday, Elijah's is Wednesday and I have no way to share pics of them on here. It's a tradition, and as far as I can tell so far I'm going to fail. Suckishness. 10 & 6 though. Crazy huh? They were my babies yesterday. I swear! :p 


Alrighty, I'm getting sleepy. Time to turn this thing off.
Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Kenyon and Jeannette Petersen said...

I'm sorry we kept postponing leaving AZ! We were going to leave on Thursday but Kenyon was feeling quite under the weather and needed to be close to a bathroom! We really liked hanging out with Brandon though! He's a great guy!