"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Brandon said no...

He hated his picture from today and didn't want me posting it. I had to do the big "first day of school" post anyway. It was a great day! (Though I kind of missed my school-aged kiddos. Shhhhhh...)

We cornered the electives person at the parent meeting tonight and are changing his schedule around for him. It's a no to the rogue sculpting class that made it in there somehow & a yes to the computer graphics class he wants that was missing. And I think it's cool that he's interested in photography. I'm giving him my old film rebel. He's excited. Me too.

Kirsten's electives were a little wonky too. She ended up in 3 types of dance (ballet, clogging & jazz) and we have to whittle it down to one or two. (Costumes, shoes & such for all three is a little much.) She got into the private voice lessons, but they didn't get jr. choir in there. It will hopefully all be fixed for both of them tomorrow.

At least they both love all of their teachers, and are in a school where I feel good about the people & influences around them. It's such a great atmosphere.
Now I need to hook up my new keyboard before I go crazy with this sticky one & try to get some sleep so that I can be awake to send 'em off for day 2.

No comments: