"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quiet

I am not behind on the news. I've been hearing & reading the same sad stories about the devastation in New Orleans as everyone else. About the aftermath of Katrina. People suffering unimaginably right here, a few states over. My husband buys gas too. I am not unaware.
Everyone seems to be talking about it, everywhere I go. Some are sad, some are mad - some just trying to make sense of it all.
I have yet to say a word to anyone. It's not that I am unaffected. Or uncaring. I don't feel the need to weigh in my 2 cents. I am so sorry about what so many people are going through, yet that somehow feels inadaquate.
I just want it to be understood that when things are overwhelming and sad I may choose to be quiet. It's not because I don't care. It's because I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, April. Thank you for saying what I feel so very eloquently.

Anonymous said...

April, from what I've just read, you deal and cope the way that my husband and my best friend do. I think that it's important that those around you know that this is your way of dealing with things. You expressed it so well. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Very well said, April. I feel the same as you!