"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Rawr!

I'm proud of myself. I was brave today.

I've mentioned this before, but I can be really quiet (think silent) and uncomfortable when I first meet new people. I have a hard time trusting others, which translates to it taking me a little longer to relax and not be extremely shy around a new person or group of people.

Anyhow - Today I was playing WoW while in an unusual frame of mind. It's been a rough week for me. I've been up and down, constantly on the verge of tears and stressed to the point of nauseousness over something I don't understand and have no control over. I'd say today I was part angry, part sad and mostly hurt. Somehow though, I was brave enough to say yes to some random person who asked me to come to an instance. Normally I don't do pugs (pick-up-groups ie. random players grouping up) because of the aforementioned shyness issues, but something about my state-of-mind today had me saying "grrr...why not?"
Not only did I go, but I had fun. It did something for my hurting soul to have strangers say nice things to me. (Who doesn't need to be told that they rock every once in awhile?) After a decent experience in the first group I went ahead and said yes to a second pug invite. Once I relax I do have fun, and hey - I was able to help some different people out. In return the compliments & kind words cheered me up. I needed that.

I'd say that today was an awesome day. I ventured into the uncomfortable and came out a little happier and stronger for it. Go me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, April!! :) Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've had a hard week. You know I love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought something was up. Is everything okay? ((((hugs))))