"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13th

He's 16 today.I can't believe it's been 16 years. Wow. There's no trace of my chubby little babe left except the big blue eyes and likeable smile. He's as cute now as he was then though. And he's developed such an amazing strength of character & such compassion along the way. Really, I couldn't be more proud of him than I am for what he's accomplished and how he's made it through his trials so far in life. This right here is an awesome young man. I was told just the other day that there was no way I was Brandon's mom - that it was physically impossible. Ha! I have more proof than necessary and more love for this young man than that well meaning stranger could possibly know. I do wish I had a new picture of him, but he's not awake yet to bug so this old one will do for now.
Happy birthday Brandon! I hope that you have an awesome day and that you feel loved & appreciated. You are. More than you may ever know.

Anyone have any good pain remedies? My neck actually hurt worse when I woke up this morning. :o( Now not only can I not turn my head like in previous days, it hurts to hold it up period. Owie. I actually had someone make a rude comment to me yesterday about it, so I will stop complaining - just thought I'd throw one last request out there to see if there's anything I haven't tried. It really hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Brandon is a good looking kid. You're going to have to keep the girls away. The only thing I can recommend for your neck is a good massage at Massage Envy. You really should go. I'll go with you if you want. It's soooo relaxing!

Freer Family said...

Happy Bday Brandon!!!
He is turning into such a handsome young man. And s good one too!

Have you tried ice then heat and some motrin.
I second massage envy. It's only $39 for your first visit.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Brandon!
-kg

Julie said...

Happy Birthday B!

16! Where do the years go?