"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yeah...

Remember that mosquito bite I mentioned yesterday? And how I mentioned that LV has always had bad allergic reactions to things? Well...
This morning he woke me up telling me that he couldn't open one of his eyes. Um, yeah. Not the pink eye I was expecting before I looked him over. I called Vern, who asked if I'd given him benadryl yet, took pictures to e-mail him since I don't even know how to describe this kind of swelling and then administered said medicine. All the while LV has been holding a cold compress to his face. (Of course when I told him to get a washcloth wet with cold water to do this he chose the hugest bath towel possible. lol) I think the benadryl is working. He looks a little more like my little Vern now and is being a trooper about being stuck on the couch with his huge wet towel. Biggest hugs to him. I think we'll make it a cuddle in front of movies kind of day. Maybe I can find us some popcorn. Thankfully he says it doesn't hurt. I'm hoping that all it takes is the benadryl because Vern is on his way to Ogden atm, and I have no way to get him to the doctor unless we walk over. Besides, he was just there yesterday. What did I say yesterday? That with LV and his reactions to things there's almost always something going on? Yeah...

4 comments:

Freer Family said...

Holy cow! Poor baby! I hope he gets some relief soon. I have no idea what you do for that other than benadryl. Hang in there!

Kristi said...

Poor LV!!! I hope it clears up soon, he doesn't look like his happy little self!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Poor guy! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from me! Love to you and the family sis!!

Robin
bunches and bunches!

happydad said...

I am sorry to see that! poor guy. I just found your blog, April, and I like it. :) check out ours, I just started it last night. Tell LV that we love him, and he is tough!

Ben :)