"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Oh Noes!

Well it's official.It's been a year since I last posted a birthday picture of myself. For the first time ever I don't really feel like advertising my age. :p When I was a little kid my mom was 35 forever. Seriously. It was the last birthday I could remember her having for the longest time and it was stuck in my head for a few years that she was that age. It's not a horrible age to be, it's just something that in my head is associated with being a grown up. Being a mom. Well obviously I am those things. I guess it just doesn't usually feel so official. lol Yeah, I'm tired and making no sense, but my birthday wouldn't be the same without a midnight-ish "happy birthday to me" post including the yearly picture. (Which as usual may or may not get to stay up for very long. Last year's didn't make it 2 weeks. It was utter pookiness. This years is iffy, but I think I hate it less. I made a bw version thinking I usually like my skin better in bw, but my kiddos voted color. It could possibly disappear, or be replaced with a different shot, or suddenly be bw. We shall see. lol)

Anyway, have a great Thursday. I know I plan on it! :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday April!! I hope you have a wonderful day! I spoke to mom today, she told me that you guys talked last night. I hope it was a good conversation! Once again, Happy 29th Birthday sis! Big hugs and kisses from me and the boys!! Love you bunches and bunches!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Freer Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your photo is GORGEOUS! You'd better not take it down! Seriously!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, April!

And you look great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Be assured that I do not associate 35 with being a mom. I'll be 35 in October and I am not even close to that association! ;) And you're picture is beautiful! Leave it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I vote you leave the picture right where it is.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it. Happy belated birthday!