"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Quiet time.

We got to meet Little Vern's teacher today during his assessment over at the elementary school. I think he's less afraid and more excited now, though he keeps reminding me that I have to walk him there every day. Yes I know sweetie, don't worry. Brandon starts on Monday too. I think he's a little less excited, but at least he got the schedule he wanted and hopefully he'll somehow get out of the "mandatory locker share" that made him a little grumpy. He doesn't want to have to lug everything home every day since it's such a long walk, but a shared locker assignment? Eeeew. We shall see. Hopefully it works out okay. It'll be a busy weekend getting last minute stuff for him like we did for Kirsten last week.

It's been crazy busy here. I went a day without my WoW subscription, which while it was a bummer was good timing to get some things (like the entire house lol) in order. Sadly I can't say that it's done yet. And I still haven't been playing much even though it's back up. There's just so much to do. Four kiddos home all day all Summer long makes things fall apart quite thoroughly. Hopefully they've enjoyed the break though. I've been regretting that I let them stay up late all Summer long - the adjustment to the new schedule is kicking our butts. I've been constantly tired lately anyway, so yeah.

I did get some quiet time today. I got to go for a walk by myself to get Brandon & I some Slurpees. Just me, some sunshine, my mp3s and a pina colada-coke concoction. Sheer bliss. Hoobastank played, and The Reason fit so well with my thoughts that I figured I'd share it here. I've always loved this song, but it hit home somehow today. I'm glad it did - I got to look up the video to share and um, mmmmm - I didn't realize that the lead singer had such a cute baby face, and um yeah. Yummy.

P.S. I'm going to be playing with my template for this blog to see if I can condense the ever growing archives and play with the elements some. I'll keep my colors the same I think though. We shall see. Sorry if it looks wonky while I tweak it.

No comments: