"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

8 days

No pics again. Sorry. :p

It's been days since I last blogged. Update time I suppose. :)
I'm still here. Eight days past due with a c-section scheduled for early next Monday. Really hoping not to make it to surgery. We shall see.
Well, where have I been?
Um... We went up to see Jill, Josh, Isaac & Alex on Sunday. He's such a sweet little guy. Well, not that little by baby standards - he was almost 9 lbs., and oh so soft and sweet. Jill's looking great too. It was good to see 'em. There's just something so wonderful about holding a newborn babe. :)
Mondays have been hard, since it means I made it another week & have the dreaded appointment the next morning. This one was the same as the last few - just me all emotional and stuff. So yeah, Mondays I've tended to stay by myself and try to not let my sadness affect the people around me. :p
Yesterday - As always, the appointment wasn't nearly as bad as the night before. My doc was as awesome as he always is & his staff are all rooting for me to beat the Monday deadline. (They were surprised to see me still pregnant. :p) He told me to get to the hospital even if my contractions aren't quite there yet so he can have an excuse to break my water and do this the way we know we can. I so love how supportive he is of my wishes - he understands that the 3 day minimum hospital stay & the recovery, complete with not being able to lift 15 lbs are real concerns for me. He's just awesome. I love Dr. Larsen. lol Have I said that enough yet? I enjoy having my babes at Alta View period. I've only ever used the hot tubs once (Kirsten was the only one where I was in labor long enough) but the the nurses and staff in the women's center have always been fantabulous.
So yeah, I've just been here - trying not to whine daily about how much it hurts to have a full term baby rolling around inside of me, and most definitely not sharing the emotional turmoil every time I get enough pain going to think maybe today's the day before it stops & I start crying all over again. It's been a crazy sort of time, but we're surviving. :)
Hmmm, I only made it to yesterday.
Today, um well today is sunny & has been quiet. Vern stayed home because this morning I'd thought maybe, and so far I've wasted yet another one of his days. He's mostly played video games and Elijah convinced him that they needed to have Arby's for lunch. I've been tired and trying to find ways to be comfortable. (My bed and my shower have been well used of late. :p Not a whole lot of sleeping going on, just trying to relax and find ways to be comfy.)
Been thinking about Jason a bunch. He has two surgeries over the next couple of days. Hugs to him & hope all goes well. :) Have I mentioned how much I miss my WoW friends? Yeah, I seriously can't wait for life to be normal enough that I get to play & be social again. (I did get to hug Lore this morning. Yay!) It'll be different with a newborn & all, but I figure that when it doesn't hurt to sit here so much I'll be able to work playtime back into my days. :)

Meanwhile, just still waiting & trying to smile. Every day that passes is another surprise. I really wasn't expecting to go over like this. 8 days past due & counting. :p Yeah - not what I was thinking or hoping for at all, but when I do finally get to meet my babe it'll be an amazing sort of day. :)

Have a great one!! :)

1 comment:

laurie_lu said...

Ah April!! I hope she comes SOON! :) I'll be down this weekend, then Ty and I both will be the next 2. :) Stay warm and cozy, and don't forget to have a good laugh! Love you!