"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Woohoo!!

I'm sitting here in front of my new monitor. My old crt was dying & I didn't trust it for photography stuff anymore so we got me a new lcd. Of course I don't have the calibration spyder in my hands yet, so my pics will continue to look wonky until this is calibrated. :p Makes me sad to see Maiah's pics look all splotchy & red, but fixing color issues on non-calibrated hardware is kinda like healing through a lag spike - it may kinda work, but not really. :p (people are gonna end up dead. lol)
We finally got a new home phone too. It's sitting here on my desk looking all pretty, but it isn't working yet either. (hmmm... I'm sensing a trend here... lol) Hopefully that'll be up and running soon. :)
It only took me 3 hours to make it down here today. I'm getting better at this being at home thing. We're even all clean, dressed & fed. Go me! Of course, I need to sneak back upstairs for a diaper & to take my meds so Maiah & I can be comfy while trying to function here this afternoon.
I was asked for more Maiah info, since we've pretty much just given her stats so far. She's a happy little one - she really doesn't cry much. I have to be moving way slow on something she's needing for her to get sad. She's alert and strong. (She could hold her head up from the get-go and for how tiny those little legs are they're holy moley strong.) Her features remind me most of Kirsten, but she's blonde & blue like Vern, Brandon & Elijah. And when I say she's tiny I mean it. Brandon's hand is longer than her legs, and even I can hold her along my forearm with her head in my hand. She weighed 7lbs 6oz when she was released on Sunday. Tiny I tell you. There was lots more I wanted to share, but I type even s l o w e r one-handed. :p I have some more hospital pics sized too, but please forgive the wonkiness. Flourescent & low-light pics would usually get color-corrected, but yeah. :p I so need my spyder. Poor Elijah has a runny nose this week, so he's not allowed to kiss her as much as he'd like. He's been reading to her instead today. He's so cute, constantly using the hand sanitizer stuff just so he can look at her. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new pictures April!!!! I love them!!!!! (keep them coming!) Sending lots of love and hugs and kisses!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo