"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, January 26, 2009

:p

I woke up this morning still unhappy about a series of things that happened yesterday.
In an attempt to get over it I decided to spend some quality time with my babes today. I'm not sure if it's working yet though. lol this is how my day has gone...

~Spend most of the morning trying not to wake up since your babes are sleeping all snuggled and warm next to you.
~Hear the phone ringing somewhere in the house & finally give in & get out of bed.
~Climb back in bed awhile to hang out with a cuddly Elijah & a hungry Maiah.
~Change Maiah.
~Watch in horror as Maiah decides it's potty time mid-diaper change.
~Change Maiah again. This time include a new blanket since you managed to catch most everything with the old one.
~Feed & burp Maiah
~Change yourself. That was a LOT of spit up.
~Notice that it's after 1 in the afternoon. "So that's why I'm hungry!" :p Warm up the last of the stuffed crust pizza from yesterday.
~Deal with the stupid pains you get after eating when you wait too long. (I sincerely hate those sharp little pains. Should probably remember to eat more regularly then, huh.)
~Head downstairs to see about functioning for the day. Have to check in a few places online & maybe eventually play some WoW. Leilah's been almost 77 for days. <--slacker
~Help Elijah find a straw for his smoothie.
~Watch in horror as he spills said smoothie into Maiah's bassinet while trying to get the straw figured out.
~Yell "nonono... agh..."
~Reassure your sad little 3 year old that it's ok - accidents happen.
~Grab all of the mango-orange sodden blankets & get them into the washer with the urped on, peed on & blasted on stuff from earlier.
~Find new blankets for Maiah & one for yourself. (It's cold down here today.)
~Type batman & robin into youtube for Elijah.
~Change Maiah. No incidents this time! Yay!
~Enjoy holding a sweet little Maiah. Aww she seems hungry again.
~Sit down to blog while feeding a very sleepy looking babe & keeping an eye on the youtube cruisings of your 3 year old.
~Hey Brandon! It's 2:30 already?

Once my other kiddos start getting home from school "my day" kinda ends. Well, unless I manage to be awake for some me (and Maiah) time when everyone else goes to sleep at night. Brandon & Vern have been doing a bunch of late night raiding though, so I tend to be hanging out with my babes and falling asleep with them. With how much sleep I've been getting lately it's surprising how tired I am. I'm sure it's the being tired that makes it so that I'm having a hard time letting go of stupid little things. I think I need to practice not caring. :p Meanwhile, if this sweet little girl will let me lay her down, Brandon's going to watch her so that I can shower. Yay!!

Have a great one!

1 comment:

Helena said...

Oh yeah. That's how it goes sometimes, huh? Some days are just one big long damage-control session.

Hooray for showers!