"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

blue

   ...is the color of the new cast on Elijah's arm. His first cast was loose enough (your arm shrinks from non-use etc.) this morning at his follow-up appointment that the doctor re-cast it to keep it from moving. One of the bones didn't really go back into place but is starting to heal, so at this point he wants to keep it in the position it's in so it can continue to progress. (Beats re-breaking & resetting it, right? :p) His teacher had just signed the green cast this morning too. Now he has an almost blank canvas again. (He and I did the initiating again. Gogo smiley faces & a big orange dot. lol :D)


   I'm kinda blue too. Have not been feeling so great these last few days and am totally sick of the damp, cold weather. I realize there are people way worse off than me thanks to the crazy weather going on in this country alone and am grateful for the roof over my head tonight. I truly am. I just would love a little warmth & sunshine. It is almost June and all... :p
   Oh yeah, our water heater is on the fritz & I'm learning that warm showers are something to appreciate as well.
   ...And I appreciate Maiah's fantabulous cuddles 'n kisses. And the case of Diet Vanilla Pepsi I have going thanks to Brian & his congratulatory thoughtfulness. (Thank you! Was so good to see you guys!)


   Now I just need a hot tub for my sore back, some dark quietness for my headache & to grab me one of those DVPs I just mentioned. :p 


   Hugs all around! I miss people. I feel like it's been days since I last got to be social. 
Smile! :)

No comments: