"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, May 30, 2011

holiday weekend

     I miss blogging when life gets going like it has been!  /humungosquishes to those I've been missing! You all know who you are. :)    
     Hooray for long weekends! Even the rainy, still feeling icky ones. :p I felt a little better tonight and decided to use my energy to get some cleaning done. Our house is in serious need. :p
     Kirsten's still working on her room as I type. Go girlie go! :D
     Tomorrow we're headed to Vern's sister Jill's house  for a bbq. Might be a wet one, but yeah we'll see.
     I've logged some decent miles at the gym this past week in spite of feeling cruddy. (Yeah, I'm stubborn like that. :p) Go me!
     I'm dying to figure out a way to share pics of my cute monkeys on here again. It's been so long. :p Being without a computer of my own for this long is severely suckish. I feel so bad for Kori & Ryan that their wedding shots are all (safely) stuck in limbo like that. Seriously not cool.
     Ooh, and the way things have been going I've had like zero time to play WoW. It seems like I'm always sleeping off sickies or people are using their computers or something. So sad. :(
     In spite of the chilly, damp weather I'm ready for some pretty polish on my toes, some cute shorts & sandals and dates at the park with my kiddos that include sunshine. And maybe slurpees. Yeah. :D
     We found a new pediatrician for Elijah (who needed some catching up with immunizations) and I'm so impressed with the staff there. The doc was completely awesome with Ej, and I became a fan when he did the double-take after asking how many siblings Elijah has/what ages & I said I had a 19 year old. I always love it when people do the "how young were you when you started having kids? You don't look old enough..." thing. Yeah, makes my day when that stuff happens. 
     My kiddos & I  have been putting my library card to good use. Kirsten devours books like I do, and B and Vernie read a bunch too. Maiah & Elijah just love borrowing dvds. There's been a lot of Scooby-Doo-ing here of late. :p
     Oh, I wanted to try to describe how I've been feeling in case anyone out there has any good ideas about what might be up with me. :p I've been kind of out of it, woozy & lightheaded and feel like I'm going to pass out way too many times a day. The best way I can think of to describe it when it's at its worst is like I'm on a heavy narcotic or something. (Which I'm not. :p) It might be my anemia acting up - the passing out was an issue for me when I was younger & it was more of a pronounced thing. Or my blood pressure - but it's reading fine; or my bp meds, except they haven't changed. Yeah. Not sure what's going on, but the headache-y-ness that happens after the near-pass-out moments is getting old. As is the feeling of not being totally with it. Any ideas? *crosses fingers*
     Alrighty, time to find my pillow. And some warmth. Can't believe I'm saying this when it's almost June, but brrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: