"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I cried

...and then I yelled for the kids to wake Brandon up.
...then I made him open his. :)
...then we spent the rest of the evening/afternoon looking at local job openings.


Hooray for our employment authorization cards! They came before we expected & were a very welcome shock. lol (The way we understood it they would arrive some time after this coming interview. I knew that changing our status to residents was different/seperate from being permitted to work, I just remembered our lawyer's office saying that we'd receive our employment authorization shortly after our interviews.) I like this *before* plan much better! 


Now to find something that fits. For each of us. (B can finally finish up the last of his high school credits, and I'd love to find some form of employment that works with mommyhood. A late night shift or something. Something. We're finally allowed to do something. Go us!) :)


I celebrated by getting a library card. Because I could. 


Rawr.

6 comments:

Kenyon and Jeannette Petersen said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I glad things are continuing to move along for you guys! Good luck job hunting!

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was reading through your blog, and I really think it cool. So I want to invite you to visit my blogs, and if you follow me, I will follow you....

Jesse

Helena said...

Ahhhh, I'm so happy for you! (And I love that you went out and got a library card... awesome.)

robin said...

April, I am beyond thrilled for you and Brandon!!! I cannot even put my thoughts into words. Congratulations!!

I love you bunches and bunches!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Julie said...

Congrats! :) *big hug*

Vivian Burgon said...

Whoohoo!!!!!!! Soooooo awesome and so happy for you!. Omigosh you have endured for so long. Congratulations sweeties! Love you guys!