"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, April 20, 2007

One Day

Being without the internet yesterday meant that I finished the book I've been reading. Hooray! That one took forever. Whenever I'm without access to the internet I realize just how much I depend on it for a lot of things on a daily basis. One day without it isn't a big deal, but any longer and I'd have to start doing things like read the newspaper, make phone calls and play some other type of game. Or I could read instead of playing, like yesterday. lol Anyhow, we made it through a day without it, and I must say I was happy to be able to read my news online during breakfast and to poke my head in here to say hi. It's the little things in life, right?

Oh, if I had blogged yesterday I would have shared my excitement about Sanjaya leaving Idol. Hooray! This means that the competition can be that much more serious between those who are left. It's interesting to see who likes whom. Almost everone I know likes Jordin and Melinda in the girls dept. (As do I.) Blake has a lot of fans. I think he's okay. My friend Micki can't stand Chris R. and asked why people like him - she finds him nasally. He's still my favorite! I went to youtube and watched all of his performances to see if I could come up with something to tell her. After watching all of his stuff so far all I can say is that yep, I like him. Sometimes he is a little nasally, but I don't care. Compared to everyone else there he's my favorite. I tend to like his song choices, and he's had some really great performances. I picked him early and still stand by it. I'll share his performance video from the night I first declared he was my #1 pick. Singing Jason Mraz's Geek in the Pink: Another good performance was from the Tony Bennet/oldies week.
And I'll say - when he sang Don't Speak when Gwen Stefani was there I was disappointed that he didn't just sing it as-is (since it's an all-time favorite of mine) and that he messed up the lyrics at the end (which the judges didn't catch) but you know what - going back and watching it I actually like it. It wasn't that it was bad, just different than the original. (He didn't massacre it like Sanjaya did with Bathwater.) Nobody is going to come even close to matching Gwen's ability to put emotion into those lyrics. He did okay though. He just isn't Gwen. lol

His performance this past week is one where I can see what people are saying about the nasal thing, which Simon & Randy called him on - fair enough. You know what though? I liked it. The lead singer from Rascall Flats must have a tendancy to sound nasally then too, because I thought it was a good cover of the song. :p

No comments: