"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Weekend Meme

Four reasons I blog.

1. To connect with people. Family & friends are definately reason #1. I've connected with old friends, made new ones and kept in contact with far-away family members through this blog.

2. It's a journal of sorts. A place to write about whatever's on my mind. Sometimes I don't have much to say, but I update it regularly anyway.

3. Sharing! I share pictures of my family - the latest news about whatever's going on in our lives. This is where to get the most up to date info & pictures of my family. Whatever we're up to, whatever is on my mind - I share it here.

4. Giving something back. I get so much from the internet. News, music - information about everything. The internet has such a wealth of thoughts, ideas, information and entertainment. By putting my little blog out there I'm contributing. True, I often just put up little blips of nothingness, but I have had people tell me they learned something here, or were inspired by a photo or had a much needed laugh when visiting. I've had people searching for lyrics & videos come across my blog & fellow bloggers looking for meme ideas. Back to the connecting, I've had long lost friends search my name and find me here.
It's a little thing, but it's something. It's my blog.
Yep, that's why I do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you do it. =D