"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a quick boring one

I've been a little awol from a lot of things of late, including my blog. Just finishing cleaning all the sniffley junk out of my head and trying to figure out how to manage this constant nausea & inability to breathe very well that will dominate my life the next few months. This is my least favorite part of pregnancy, only becuase my anemia affects me so much at this point, as does the icky morning sickness. It's so funny being out shopping and stuff - I look like a perfectly healthy non-pregnant girl & yet I'm stopping every 10 minutes to sit & breathe so I don't pass out and grabbing some little snack every 2 hours on the dot trying to stay level & not barf. At least Vern's been through this with me enough times to know by looking at me when to slow down so that I don't pass out and to be willing to stop for food whenever.

I'm also realizing that I've got to think of things besides naps when the nausea gets overwhelming. Sleeping it off sometimes is ok - but if I want to get anything done in the next while I need to find alternatives. lol Today Elijah & I went for a walk. It was nice. I'll have to go the fresh air route more and the hug my pillow route less.

So yeah. I promised myself I wouldn't overwhelm my poor little blog with pregnancy talk. There's plenty of other stuff in the works. Like Lauren & Tyler's engagement & bridal sessions coming up, Kenyon coming home from England, WoW to play and whatever fun stuff we decide to do as the weather gets warmer & the school year winds down.

Well, Elijah keeps talking about Taco Bell & I think he's got a yummy little idea there. I also have to do a couple more sets to finish my upper body day so off I go.

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being skinny and feeling pregnant isn't the best part. But you have this awesome little secret so at least it's a little bit fun? Oh and taco bell+pregnancy=heaven.

When's your first appointment?