"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, July 14, 2008

5 things I learned today

...when doctors tell you that pregnant women burn easier and that you should wear sunscreen they mean it. (don't scoff at them and declare that you never burn. you will.)
...weeding your garden at noon is a bad idea.
...no matter how much you love your little black tank top and think getting some sun while weeding would be fun, you should probably do a check of how much of your chest shows while bent over your weed-ridden garden in said tank top. o.O Much more of me is pink than I'd like to admit. (yeah, go ahead and laugh at me.)
...wearing your only cute pair of sandals while playing in the dirt just might make them look a little less cute.
...not eating lunch or drinking much water before going outside at noon on a hot day may leave you weak and shakey-like. You should probably check that you at least have bottled water left for when you head back in. :p

Yeah, it's most definitely Monday. lol At least the garden got some much-needed lovin', and I did get me some color although pink wasn't really what I was going for. I'll wear a different shirt next time. And get some cheap flip-flops. And, uh yeah - I should probably wear sunscreen.

Have a great day! :)

No comments: