"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, July 25, 2008

crazy locks and lots of love

So this morning Kirsten & I went to our local little national-chain-type walk-in hair place. I was sick of waiting. :p We took a before picture on our way there. Yeah, I know I look zombaliscious - I felt like crud this am, and, uh yeah. I guess it showed. But the point is look how crazy long my hair had gotten?!?! Yeah, it was time for a haircut. lol I have yet to learn hairdresser-speak. It never ends up how I thought I described it, but at least this time it was longer than I wanted, so it's really not a biggie. It's like they chicken out and don't believe me that I really want it that short. I do. :p It's really not so bad - just not what I was thinking. lol It does have lots of layers, and it's long enough to still play with. Gogo pretty sparkly bobby pins. :p I do still wanna play with color too. It's so much easier to grow color out with shorter hair.
The best thing was cutting off enough hair that I was able to donate to locks of love. It's the coolest thing. I'd have buzzed it for that. And when I told her that yeah, I'd absolutely love to donate to 'em I had no idea that it was company policy to then cut my hair for free. Go me! I walked out of there happy enough. :) It was soooo hot out though, and K & I were hungry, so we hit Taco Bell for some AC, cold drinks & fast food goodness.
I still collapsed when I got home, and K had to get ready to go babysitting so I figured I'd shower after my much-deserved nap and "do" my hair before taking the after pictures. lololol Uh yeah. I forgot how fast my hair dries when it's short. It takes like 5 minutes. I wasn't even fully dressed when it dried all funky-like. :p I kinda made it look not so retarded, grabbed LV and Elijah and went out to take some pics. Poor LV - my camera weighs almost as much as he does, so every single picture is all angled (which turned out just fine - a lot of photogs have a hard time finding fun angles when they wanna "play" - they just need to add weights to their setup I guess. LV and his tired little 7 year old arms was a natural. lol Thank you babe. Even though you liked snapping pics when I was talking to Ej & goofing off. :p)So yeah, it was a kinda fun day. I got to give away a chunk of hair to an awesome cause, and even if I'm not sold on this haircut just yet, I am happy. :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! Nice job! I think your hair is adorable!

Freer Family said...

Wow, your hair was crazy long. How awesome of you to donate it. You look darling. You totally can pull off short! :)

laurie_lu said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!! :D ITS SO PRETTY!!!!! I need to come by with your shirt of the wedding, so you can try is on and see if we should go get a different one! 8 days!!! :)

Holly Child said...

I think it's DARLING!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

sis, I have no idea how I missed this picture.... I LOVE IT!!! What a great cause!!!! You look beautiful. Love you lots!!! xoxoxo