"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

mumbo jumbo

Yay! My new computer is all set up. Sort of.
I'm still working on bookmarks and the last couple of WoW patches. :p I have to get the rest of my photo-related software downloaded too. And my WoW mods which will be so fun to set up again. Not. :p lol I need to get files (think lots of pictures) transferred over. And all of my fonts. And PS actions. And mp3s. I need to find my wacom tablet software, and ooh I need to get vent. Even though I'm still headphone-less. I've only forgotten one or two passwords - which can be remedied when we set up my old comp for transferring stuff. I've been just focusing on what I can do online for now. Sadly we need to upgrade my video card. This runs AoC, but not well - my kiddo's comp handles it better when it decides to handle it. :p

So yeah, I may be abstent-ish for a bit from computer related stuff while I get everything set up.

My kids are all officially on Summer vacation now.
I took LV out yesterday for lunch to celebrate his good report card, and did the same thing for Kirsten today. There are pics too, but I can't download 'em until I get the software installed.
On the way home today I saw a sign at some herb place that had a remedy for gout - made me think of Jody. :) Last time I got to talk to him he was bored and I had to go. Sadness. :(
It's Canada Day, and there are gonna be fireworks at Ontario Place over Lake Ontario and at Canada's Wonderland like people here in Utah have never seen. Actually, I have yet to see a fireworks display anywhere here in the US that comes close to touching what they do where I grew up. My sis should take a video of some for me. :p (Gogo wet, green places with fewer restrictions I guess. Almost everywhere there's a big show in Toronto it's done over water. So pretty.)
Vern wants to go somewhere on Thursday. I didn't quite catch where - but it's gonna be a little day trip. Fun! :)
Kirsten and I were checking out hairstyles today, and I think I finally know what I wanna do with mine. It'll be a humungo change - right now my hair is more than halfway down my back and we're talking short-ish with lots of fun layers and hopefully some blondness again. Yay! There will be pics when I get to do it. What I've loved about having my hair this long has been twisting it up after my shower every morning to wear up all day in the heat then taking it down at night and having it be all wavy down my back. I've loved that. But short and easy sounds fun too. Especially when it involves shades of blonde. :) Kirsten wants a chin length a-line. She looks cute in shorter hair - it's just so pretty long. :p

Well, patch 2.3.0 is at 34%. I guess I'll go back to finding all of the little things that'll make this computer feel like it's mine. I do like that it's faster & not full of years of junk and am excited to see how my different programs (& games!) run.

Smile! :)

lol ...and then there was patch 2.4 :p
Just had to say it. It's 8 pm and WoW is still downloading. I need a book or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sticking close to home tonight, but I know that someone will have amazing pictures that I can send you of the fireworks tonight!!! Happy Canada Day sis!!! I know you are almost an American, but no matter what, you will always have a bit of Canadian in you!! Love you lots!! xoxoxo