"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Happy Sunday!

Sorry for the quiet around here. I haven't been able to type very well. Vern & I spent a chunk of our Thanksgiving day in the ER. Staph infection starting in my right pointer finger and moving up my arm. Lucky me. I went in for my last dose of intraveneous antibiotics yesterday, and now have no tubes in either hand. Yay! The owieness has mostly subsided, and things are getting back to normal.

Shall we play catch-up? Just some random schtuff going on around here.

Vern's great grandma Pulsipher passed away this weekend. The funeral is tomorrow. It was a good thing. She was ready and her family was prepared. I'm hoping Vern can get the time off work to be there.

We finally got the snow we've been promised lately. Kirsten & little Vern are outside enjoying it right now. Fun!

Thankskgiving dinner without mashed potatoes went fine. I did miss them, but the company more than made up for it. :)

The time spent waiting in the ER had me bored so I started reading one of Vern's books. Wizard's First Rule. I like it so far.

I finally got to try a cherry Hersheys Kiss. Mmmmmmmmm... Add those to the list of yumminess. :)

I found out that Vern has never had a twice baked potato. I plan to make him some in the near future. More yumminess.

I have no way to download pictures until I get a new card reader, so I can't share with you how cool the trees looked this morning, all covered in snow. You'll just have to believe me.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

glad your finger is feeling better. I can't imagine T-day without mashed potatoes. what do you put the gravy on? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better - but Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes? Isn't that against the rules? LOL