"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Zzzzzzzzz...

That will be me in just a few minutes. Before I go to bed tonight I figured I'd better write something. It's been a few days. Slacking in the blog department again.

You know how I've been doing the giving thanks thing this month in honor of thanksgiving? Well, I was thinking about it today (Thanksgiving, the spirit of giving thanks, that sort of thing...)
Anyhow, I decided that being thankful means being happy with what you have.

What a wonderful thought for me to start the holiday season with. My family's needs are met. We're together & happy. We have so much to be thankful for.

There are so many things I want for Christmas. I want a new tree & decorations. I want all kinds of baking goodies and the ability to shower my loved ones with lots of gifts. I want Vern home more. I want my diamond ring. :) lol Realistically, those things are not likely to happen. I realized that not only is it okay - but I'm happy nonetheless.
Truly happy.
As-is.
A good feeling.


Goodnight. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely true. Happy with what you have. It's a good thing. :)