"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

One of those days

This hasn't been the greatest Tuesday ever.

My computer wouldn't start this morning. It's still acting sick. It won't let me back stuff up, defrag or anything. All it has let me do today is hop online. It hangs when it starts & I haven’t been able to access any programs or files. Period. Ugh. Crossing my fingers that I don't lose anything on here. Scary stuff.

Been cleaning all day & can't say I'm done. Looks better, but not done. Sigh.

Vern took the phone to work with him. I have no idea why he does that. Having young children & no access to the outside world with exception of walking somewhere is not my idea of a good (or safe) time.

My kids have no school for the rest of the week. They seem to think this means that it's party time. There will be no partying in this house until it's in a presentable state. At this rate it might take all week.

Elijah is suffering from his first diaper rash. This isn't just a minor little rash either. It's seriously owie-looking mushy skin in the folds. He's being a trooper about it. If it were my skin I'd be in tears. Thankfully he's as smiley and happy as ever.

Argh. As I was typing this our internet connection conked out. Goodness. Brandon says the little indicator light isn’t coming back on. Grrrrrrr… Good thing I can copy and paste into MS Word. I will stop typing when I’m good and ready. Ha.

My tummy is indicating that rice crispy squares do not make for a satisfactory dinner. Breakfast, yes. Dinner no. Maybe I’ll make taco soup. It’s quick, simple and yummy. Not as yummy as the hires burger I’m craving, but it’s not like I can call Vern & make any requests.

It’s a good thing that I have the yummiest little babe asleep on my lap. It’s hard to proclaim myself in a bad mood with his sweetness so close. And Brandon is helping little Vern clean up his big mess in the toy room. Hopefully Vern can figure my computer woes out and can easily fix it. Tonight. I will promptly back everything up.

So far this hasn’t been a great day. Thankfully it isn’t over yet. I wonder if I’ll even be able to post this before today ends. No light as of yet. Stink-o-rama.

Ahhhhhh... Vern came home & was able to make my computer happy. A dead cpu fan & wonky card reader were the trouble causers. His phone call with our isp tech support seemed to fix the internet connection just fine. Now if only either one of us were in a good mood.

I think some Pepsi & a good dose of Elijah's squishy hugs are in order. Mmmmmmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...big hugs to you, sweetie! I hate stinky days like that. Give that sweet baby a squeeze for me, k? I hope his diaper rash gets better soon!