"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Time well spent.

Cuddling with Elijah.
Making waffles for breakfast.
Making my bed.
Gathering family pictures to send to my mom.
Blogging.

Okay, I haven't accomplished much yet today. I'll blame it on my headache.

My days for the most part really aren't very exciting. House stuff. Kids stuff. Photography stuff. Looking at things I really am very lucky. I have time with my kids that some people only dream of. I get to structure my own days and choose for myself what I do with my time. (There are some limits there of course, especially for a person who lives in Utah and doesn't drive.) I'd like to say that I'm always organized, motivated and such, but, um no. I wish. Hopefully though, for the most part my time is well spent. I think so.

Something worth keeping tabs on.

I must say, I dislike it when Vern comes home & asks me what I did that day on a day where the house isn't spotless. As though the fact that his children are happy, clean, fed and such don't count. Of course he can tell when I have a big cleaning day, but I think that the days where I spend more time playing with the kiddos are just as important. Again, I think that time with them is time well spent. Even if it means that some household chore gets put on hold.

As for today, I have a busy one ahead to catch up after a slow start. I must say though, that I've enjoyed having Elijah nap here on my lap as I typed. Now if LV will come and kiss my headache away maybe we can get some noticable stuff done around here. Preferably before Vern comes home from work.

A couple of things I'm thankful for today...

The sunshine coming through my window.
Patience. Especially on the part of little Vern who quietly played on the floor in my room this morning as I struggled to wake up & get out of bed.
That nobody (but my own kiddos) can see me sitting here in my PJs. I love PJ days.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Sounds good to me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day to me, too.