"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, March 29, 2007

2 for 1 (for me it's all about the bokeh)

Oh yeah, two posts in one day. Don't fall off your chairs or anything - it's just what happens when I spend some time playing in photoshop. We all know I love to tinker with photos. Earlier I shared some quick shots, but didn't close PS right away. lol That means trouble. :)

Looking at that top shot of my plum trees I decided that what I actually liked was the bokeh. (The background blur you get with a shallow depth of field - those pretty circles.) In particular, I liked this little background bud and the bokeh surrounding it. The whole shot from before I wouldn't frame. I probably wouldn't even print it. This I would frame and hang. It speaks to me. In a whole busy picture, it was one perfect little splash of pink just hanging around in the background. The prettiest part in my opinion. Look at the whole picture in the last post. Would you have cropped something different? Which part draws your attention, if anything?

2 comments:

Julie said...

April your photos are always so beautiful!

I like the single bud too. Very classy. :)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I like the blossom on the bottom left side of the screen and the one to the far left. I don't know how to crop them but that's what I like. Your bud is so you though.