"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, March 16, 2007

Elijah's 2 today?! No way!

This afternoon Kirsten said to me "Mom, I can't believe that my baby brother is 2 today!" You know what? I've been saying that same thing all day long. Even though I've been enjoying watching him grow up, somehow now that today kind of makes it official I'm in disbelief. My babe is 2!? He's not a baby anymore. Wow.

The poor little guy has not been feeling great lately either. I'm afraid it's been a rather boring birthday. We've been trying to figure out what's wrong with him. I mentioned the other day that he was clingy and sad, right? Well this is day 3 of the same sort of thing. He hasn't been sleeping well, and since yesterday morning his top lip has been swollen. It isn't a fat lip, and there's no sign of any injury - just the swelling. The right side has gone down a bit, leaving him looking lopsided.
I took these pictures of him today, and if you know his little face you can sort of see the swelling - but according to my other kiddos you almost can't tell in these. It's definately more prominent in real life.
We were thinking that maybe it was an allergic reaction - but it isn't going down like I hoped it would with benadryl. He's had reactions before, but never swelling like this and benadryl usually does the trick. At this point I'm stumped and watching him closely. I'd rather not take him to the dr. on his birthday.
And no, that's not a black eye - it's a nice sign of the lack of sleep. I'm sure that we both look like that at this point. :p

Well, this wouldn't be an Elijah birthday post without lots of pictures, right? lol
I took a bunch when we went to the park on Tuesday for LV's birthday. I'll share 3. The first one is the typical Elijah shot - how we all see him every day, the second one is my black & white closeup of his sweet little face (just for me - where he still looks the most like a baby) and then a snapshot of him in action, showing just how big he really is.
Sigh. I hope it's okay for me to cling to my sweet little close up. He is, after all my baby.

Happy birthday monkeyboo! Love you so much. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe he's that old already. No way. Happy birthday, little guy!