"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, March 19, 2007

Kindness

Thanks Sophia for the fun blog challenge for the week!

One of the kindest words ever spoken to you: With all of Vern's married brothers and sisters having babies this past year there has been a lot of talk about the raising of kiddos and such. At Jill's shower Nina hugged me and thanked me for being such a great mom to her grandkids and a good example to her kids. She was really sweet & sincere. It meant a lot to me.

The last kind word spoken to you: Headed to Vern's parents house for cake & ice cream for LV and Elijah yesterday - we were running late & I had just gotten out of the shower. I told my family to get ready to walk out the door, that I just needed 5 minutes to put some makeup on. Brandon walked into my room and looked at me "You don't need it mom, I promise." He made my day.

The last kind word you spoke to someone else: Hmmmm... Maybe reassuring little Vern and telling him how great he was doing working on writing his numbers this morning. He drew me a picture too. It was of us playing at the park. So awesome. :)

Someone who always makes you feel special because they always have a kind word to say: Can it be more than one person? I hope so. My squirrely friends have known me for years and been there through so much. Our online chatting is a daily source of smiles, comfort, laughter - you name it. Every one of them have come through for me at one time or another I think. Becky in particular has always been someone I could talk to about anything. (Sometimes into the wee hours of morning when the loopiness begins and we have way too much fun.) She's awesome.
Yeah, I love my squirrely friends.

Someone (don’t name them because they may secretly read your blog, but tell about them) who needs a kind word but probably hasn’t had one in a while: I'll say his name. Vern. He works too hard and worries too much, and really doesn't get shown the appreciation he deserves. At least from me. He's home sick today. Perfect opportunity for me to show some kindness.

Someone you commit to speak a kind word to before the day is over: Well, should I say Vern considering the above answer? Really, I come into contact with so very few people on the average day that I could honestly say something kind to each and every one of them without much effort. Now there's a worthy goal. Special emphasis on the sickly hubby, of course. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you, my friend. Our wee hours of the morning talks are some of my most precious memories. :)