"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, March 26, 2007

Quiet

Yeah, I've been slacking as a blogger again. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. There's nothing wrong with being quiet, right?
So to catch up let's see...

Elijah has had a sinus cold and shared it with me as usual. We've been dealing with sore throats, stuffies & headaches for days now.

I talked to my dad the other day. He'll be 70 next week. Holy cow he's getting old. I've been thinking lots about my family lately. I don't have a phone number or address for my mom since she moved. I hope she's doing well. Aaron too. I haven't had contact info for my little bro in years, but I think about him lots. Oh, and my sister's birthday is in April. For once I'd like to actually catch her on the 29th and not do the belated thing I seem to always end up doing. Wish me luck.

There are four days left in this quarter for B. He's gotta talk to his Math teacher about a marked absence on a day he was there (and on time) that has him showing a no-grade in powerschool. (I'm so glad he checks his grades in PS regularly - nobody at the school had said anything with little time left to fix it.) I hope they can resolve it today - a grumpy Brandon is no fun. Failing a class that was a consistent A- is a decent reason for the grumpies, but still.

Warning - WoW talk. Feel free to skip or let your eyes glaze over if you don't play...
The guild Vern's mage is in has been trying to recruit my 70 priest. They're nice people and I really enjoy running with them, but tempted as I may be I'm torn about where to go.
A couple of friends of ours have talked about wanting to start a raiding guild and we don't know what's going on with that. I've been waiting to see if that's going to happen. We've been getting mixed signals there and the plan seems to change often.
Plus, one of my best friends asks periodically if I'd join the guild he's in, and although I'd follow him almost anywhere I'm not sure that'd work.
Having played a bit with both existing guilds I know I'd fit in Vern's guild better. I know more people there and their playstyle is a great fit. The only real pull to the other guild is that my friend is there. It's a happy pull though.
Really, I'm waiting on some sort of final word/plan from those friends about the possible new guild. I wish I knew what was going on there. I don't really have a way of knowing what I'm going to do until I know what they're doing.
The whole thing has me a little stressed out. Time to go play a lowbie. lol
Arinne can remain guild-less for now and I'll play just to play like I always have. I've just smiled lots and kept my mouth shut when people do the recruit thing. It's worked so far. :p

Time to go take some cold meds, grab my blanket and enjoy this quiet day. :)

No comments: