"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Simple Plan kind of day.

Elijah woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Not that he really ever woke up - I literally held him from 7am until Brandon came home from school, at which point I begged for mercy.
He'd cried, fussed and tried to sleep in my arms all day. Some Motrin and a pb&j sandwich had him a little happier and more awake this afternoon.
Needless to say, after dealing with him being clingy and grumpy all day while attempting to play WoW (I got Ellesia to 37 - go me!) I was not in a good mood. (Too much time alone in STV is not exactly a positive mood enhancer - but hey, I did enjoy the fighting part. Rawr!)
Brandon came to the rescue - he watched the kiddos and oversaw the after-school chores so that I could go for a walk. He even lent me his cd player and Simple Plan cd . Oh my, I'm so glad I requested Simple Plan. It was the perfect music for the mood I was in.
I even got to go to the park and throw a football as hard as I possibly could and grabbed my rollerblades to round out a perfect stretch of release time. Heavenly.

I've been posting the videos for songs that have been stuck in my head on the sidebar lately. I'll switch it up this time and put this one in my post. This is one of the songs that helped me change my frame of mind for the better this evening. Music is amazing that way, and in my opinion there's nothing like some good old Simple Plan on a day like today. :)

My recommendation for changing your mood on a less than stellar day? Sunshine, exercise & whatever music you connect with when you need to let off some steam.

No comments: