"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fast-Forward

It's already Tuesday of this week? Unbelievable. Last week flew by too fast for me. I could swear I was just sitting outside watching the carpet guys put our new carpet in. That was Tuesday of last week though. I guess I lost a whole week in there somewhere. That does explain why the sunburn I got while sitting outside watching the carpet dudes do their thing is now itchy & dying to peel. Yep, a whole week. Poof. Part of me wants a rewind button, so I can see where the time actually went, and another part of me says no way - that'd only confirm I didn't accomplish much in the last 7 days. Makes me want to vow that I'll do more than just keep my head above water this week. That I'll excercise & spend quality time with my kids. That I'll take a few photographs just for me. That I'll get caught up on the ever-growing pile of laundry. I'd like to make that vow, but whoever it is with that finger on the fast-forward button had better be kind and give me a fighting chance. I mean, it's got to be their fault, right?

No comments: