"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, June 06, 2005

My children are my life.

I need to figure out where I'm going to have pictures hosted so that I can share some images of my children. They are my biggest source of happiness.
Brandon is almost 14. He's my helper. Taller than me, with a voice that seems to grow deeper by the minute, he's a remarkable young man. Very patient & giving, he's such a great big brother. He's walking proof that not all teenagers are obnoxious know-it-all types. He's funny, sensitive & darn cute if I do say so myself.
Kirsten, who's almost 8 is my artist. My day is not complete without a new drawing from her for my fridge. She sings, dances & looks much too pretty in pink. I would pay a lot of money for her haircolor, and she has the most beautiful eyes. I am sure that some day her daddy is going to have to buy a gun in her honor.
Little Vern is 4. When he's happy he's like walking sushine. When he's sad it breaks my heart. Everyone who meets him just loves him. He's blonde just like his daddy & knows both verses to "you are my sunshine" which he sings to Elijah daily.
Elijah is two months old now. Proof that time flies way too fast. He is such a beautiful baby. Yes, I know he's a boy, but trust me - at this age boys can be beautiful. He's a snuggly one & has the sweetest little smile, bluest eyes and softest peach-fuzzy head. Such a good-natured one too. (thankfully!) Yeah, I'm definately in love with my baby.
These four children (I still can't get over the fact that there are now four of them!) are my life. I can't imagine feeling at all complete without them here. They are very different from one another, yet they are all such amazing individuals. Just to be able to witness them, and be a part of their lives as they grow and become whatever they will is such an honor & a fulfilling aspect of my life. If I never accomplish anything else, I know that I did something truly amazing by bringing them into this world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm so happy you've got a blog too...such fun! You made me laugh with the swimming comment!

Anonymous said...

great entries April! Glad you're blogging. I'm sure your family back home will love checking up on you.